Design system is a collection of documents, articles, examples, code snippets, screenshots, design guidelines, components, philosophies and other digital assets for a product design company.
Design Systems keep apps, interfaces, and tools consistent no matter how fast the system grows. They also save time and energy, freeing designers and developers to focus on larger issues of usability and meaning.
- Google Material Design System - An open-source, cross-platform system designed by Google, covers philosophy and principles for key topics including Layout, Color, and Typography.
- Microsoft Fluent Design System - An open-source, cross-platform design system that gives designers and developers the frameworks they need to create engaging product experiences—accessibility, internationalization, and performance included.
- Atlassian Design System - Atlassian’s design philosophy reflects and underpins how digital experiences can unleash the potential in any team. Their credo is aimed at helping people and teams be more effective.
- Uber Design System - An amazing example of how to tackle problems related to getting from point A to point regardless of where you want to go.
- SalesForce Lightning Design System - A living open-source design system, ready-to-use HTML and CSS UI elements provide the foundation for Salesforce experience development.